Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wild Rose D-Tox - Day 1

While this might not be hoop related, it's pertinent to living a healthy lifestyle. That and the fact that I think it's going to be humorous how this plays out...and with the growing popularity of detoxes, this could help someone out. 


I started today my Wild Rose D-Tox today. This detox is a 12-day whole body herbal detox. Three different supplements as well as a tincture are to be taken twice a day (before breakfast and dinner), and there is are diet restrictions. No dairy. No grains (I infer this as no gluten.) No alcohol or processed foods. No sugar or anything fermented. No tropical fruits. 

I went grocery shopping yesterday, following my very carefully planned list of foods I can eat. They encourage you to get playful with spices and herbs. And considering I'm living off of vegetables for the next 12 days...I gotta get creative. My first creative endeavor was making a tahini lemon dressing last night. I unpacked my mountain of produce and organized everything so that I'm not deterred when it comes to making meals (although I really have no choice.) 

Because you're not allowed salad dressings (nothing with vinegar anyways, because it's fermented), a lot of forums and web pages I've looked at often have this dressing recipe. So it's tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, fresh parsley, salt and cayenne (optional). It called for 2-4 large cloves of garlic, and in retrospect, I should've trusted my instinct and only put one or, at the most, two in. It's got some kick to it! Tahini comes from sesame seeds and so it's fairly nutty, but the parsley gives it that freshness, and the lemon juice gives it the acidity that vinegar would otherwise provide. 

The recipe only yields one cup (or a bit more depending on how much water or lemon juice you put in it.) But I'll make it through that batch and next batch will be much less garlic and maybe some other spices. 

I took my two of each pills this morning, along with two squirts of the tincture provided. Thankfully the forums I read provided me with the best tip to date...take it with ice cold water. They say you can take it with water, so I put two squirts into a glass and put a little water out of the fridge into it and shot it back. It's mild and not that bad, and the cold water definitely masks the gross taste a bit. 

So now I sit. Waiting. I'm scared of what sort of bathroom fireworks await me. I'm nervous. Both for what could happen, and that it might not work and all this water I'm drinking that seems to be going right through me isn't being absorbed into my bowel like it's supposed to. 

It's still early...I suppose we'll see how the rest of the day goes. 

Over and out, 
(a detoxing) gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment