Tuesday, June 2, 2015

In the light of the moon...

Tonight is the full moon in Sagittarius.  And as we are also in the 2nd day of Hooplovers 40 Days of Flow, this is a great time to harness this energy.

And whether or not you like to believe in the power of the full moon, there's an energy about it that causes shifts. Being aware of this energy allows you to make the decision to utilize it for the better of you and your higher self.

Today's intention in the 40 Days of Flow was 'heart-opening'. Yesterday the intention was 'balance'...and all day I had that word in the forefront of my mind. Today, the whole 'heart-opening' thing was there, but it I didn't really know what to do with it.

'Balance' was easy yesterday. My current adventure right now is re-gaining the balance that I've lost. Re-discovering my joy. Remembering why I started hooping in the first place. It's been a bit of digression, but it has to be done.

But today...'heart-opening'?

One thing that has become very prevalent to me, is that I don't truly understand what it is to love oneself. I am aware of the concept and the magnificent power of self-love. But I don't really get it.

As I was completing my daily chores this evening, I realized that things like self-love and opening up my heart space isn't something that is going to come in one day. This also became clear to me when my friend and co-worker told me that, while I'm very driven and goal-oriented, I want things to happen...and I want them to happen now.

My expectations of self are setting me up for failure (a word I got heck from a self-love coach for using.) I expect certain things to happen quickly. But not even in a perfect world would things just happen at the snap of your fingers.

Self-love will happen over time. And my heart space will surely open over the next 38 days. But not today. And I need to accept that that's ok.

Re-discovering my joy in hooping is allowing me to do other things that make me happy and remember who I am.

In the light of this full moon, I sit in silence and remember who I am. What makes me tick. I strip away the labels and be who I am. Just be. If I can't do that, the simplicity of being, then I can't expect to do much else.

With acceptance and love,
gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment