Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pampered souls; Pampered bodies

To keep up with the blog for 40 Days of Flow, I need to get something down before head to bed...

Alright. Day 6.

Today was a glorious Winesday...I started my temp job (where I actually had some time to do some research for Hoops by Gypsy), and then a shopping/dinner date with sister! It was a day to get things done, and while I still haven't hooped, I drank lots of water (check), read my daily meditation and mantras from my book (check), started my job (check), blogged (almost check), and honored my body with some delicious food at dinner (check). So I wouldn't say it's a complete fail...not to mention it's a lot too warm to do any hooping. Phew! 

I've been seeing so many beautiful videos on Facebook and Instagram of these amazing hoopers, and posting a video like that seems awfully daunting. So I think I'm going to add to my list...that by Day 40 of this 40 Days of Flow, I'm going to add "Post at least one hoop video." I think I can, I think I can...




My new face polish I pampered myself with tonight! 
I would also like to randomly state that I think we underestimate the importance of pampering and taking care of our bodies. Like...our actually physical bodies. Yes, meditation is good for our minds and souls, and there are lots of things we do to clear our head in a day. But when was the last time your gave yourself a full-body exfoliation, or gave yourself (or had someone else) give you a foot massage...those things do a LOT for us. I don't even think that anyone that gets regular pedicures (or any other spa treatment for that matter) realizes just how beneficial these things are for our bodies.

One of my favorite things to do is wash my face after a long day. I love the feeling of refreshing my skin, cleansing it of impurities and the feeling of rejuvenation. I also love to honor my hands by using nice lavender lotion and lavender oil before bed. These things relieve stress from my mind and calm my soul, but it also sends out a vibration of gratitude to my hands for doing all the amazing things they do. 

My conclusion? Pampering our bodies completely coincides with pampering our souls. They're so completely intertwined with one another, that we can't forget to thank our physical bodies for doing the amazing things they do on a daily (and nightly) basis. 

40 Days of Flow is about simplifying our life, but I also think it's a great time to renew our bodies, our sacred temples that carry our living vibrations in this Universe. 

Day 6. Signing off. 

love,
~gypsy

No comments:

Post a Comment